RE: paypal.

Naturally it will depend.  at the moment paypal is having trouble with lots
of browsers, not that this should matter.
I have seen other varification methods, question for example, math problems.
The  cell phone is a risk, many people may not have one, or you run into
access where text messages are concerned.
The question will be what paypal is willing to do towards a solution.
Kare