Re: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

Hi John,

> On 28 Apr 2016, at 19:50, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am left asking “where is the value-add?” Why do we
>> need to document more Failure techniques on WCAG 2.0
>> today? I don’t know, and I think it’s an honest
>> question to be asking.
>
> In my experience a developer is more likely to address an issue if I
> can point him to the related W3C failure document.

+1

I have had a number of instances where I have evaluated websites where the development team were an agency separate from the actual client. The client would push for doing everything they could to be accessible and the agency would push back unless I could categorically identify the documented instance of the failure. I recall a couple of times when agencies stated that things I had marked as failures were simply my opinion.

2 pence worth (sorry exchange rates apply)

Kevin