SV: Seeking example of quality alt text in STEM book

Thank you

________________________________
Fra: Michiel Bijl <michiel@agosto.nl>
Sendt: 13. april 2016 11:42
Til: Lisa Yayla
Kopi: accessys@smart.net; Gies, Edward M. (ELS-DAY); w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Emne: Re: Seeking example of quality alt text in STEM book

Some-but definitely not all-photos on NASA's website have descriptive alt texts. The <http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/hubble-peers-into-the-heart-of-the-milky-way-galaxy> photo in this article<http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/t-38c-passes-in-front-of-the-sun-at-supersonic-speed> has a decent alt text. While the alt text of photo's in this article are not very descriptive<http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/pluto-is-dominated-by-the-feature-informally-named-the-heart>. NASA does often provide text nearby that describes the image in more detail, but that description is not linked to it via say aria-describedby.

-Michiel