Seeking example of quality alt text in STEM book

From: Gies, Edward M. (ELS-DAY) <Ted.Gies@elsevier.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 18:26:55 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
[Please share freely]

Colleagues,

Is anyone aware of a shining example of quality alt text on images within a STEM/science book or website?

Even more helpful would be an example of a health sciences E book with well-crafted alt text.

So far I've seen some nice examples of alt text within NASA.gov articles and separately in a CK-12 Biology I EPUB in Bookshare.

Still, examples seem to be quite limited and I'm looking for popcorn type abundance!

Ted