RE: Straw man list for WCAG.NEXT, another proposal...

Thanks for the feedback David, your comments will be captured in a weekly (or sooner) update to the main wiki page.

Cheers!

JF

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david@can-adapt.com]
Sent: Friday, April 8, 2016 6:01 PM
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; WCAG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>; John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>; Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Subject: Straw man list for WCAG.NEXT, another proposal...

I *don't* think we should be saying we'll have 2 or 3 new versions of WCAG in the next 3 years... it is incredibly expensive and time consuming for stakeholders to update policy, legislation, and their web sites every year... if we're not ready to incorporate all the task force work then lets wait to release the next version we are

Currently there is *no* model that says we will have one important 2.x release that incorporates *all* the task force work. I think that needs to be discussed... I put up a WIKI page here, and would like to see this added to the straw man list...

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_Next_Possible_Models/Model_5

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.