Re: Braille Re: How do assistive technologies handle icon fonts?

On Wed, 02 Dec 2015 17:12:23 +1000, Michiel Bijl <michiel@agosto.nl> wrote:

> Hi Chaals,
>
> Thank you for your test results! I did have a look at the braille
> display, but I’m not sure what to expect or look for when testing with
> it.
>
> Does anyone have good resources on this?

Braille is not that complicated, so a day on wikipedia and a night with
someone who knows it and drinks beer can be very valuable (although you
won't learn to read braille for fun, you can at least understand most of
what that entails - it's one of the very clever things about it).

Basically you need to be able to decipher the braille line (there are
plenty of clues available) and have a rough idea of what is typically
presented in one...

Or find some people who *do* read braille and know the technology well.

On the other hand, screenreaders are a niche application in accessibility
- and braille is a niche application even among blind users. Don't lose
sight of the bigger picture.

cheers