Re: Level AA exceptions

Hi
I think the answer is simple.    (I know people just want something else - but this is what it means.)

What do the WCAG levels mean?
A = Minimum to conform to WCAG
AA = More accessible
AAA = even more accessible, when you can  - But even AAA does not mean that it is accessible to everyone.  As stated in the WCAG - there are people who cannot use AAA conformant content.

They don’t mean else.    And should not be interpreted to mean anything more.   (e.g.  Level A SC are more important than level AA or more essential or anything else).  It is not even true that Level A are a higher priority than Level AA.   For some sites, some Level A provisions may have little or no effect on the accessibility of the site - while a level AA provision has great impact.

How did things get assigned to the levels?  -
again it is simply stated.

Each SC is at it’s level because, after looking at all the factors and considering all the different points of view and public input, it was a consensus of the working group that it be in that level.

gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden
gregg@raisingthefloor.org