RE: AW: "Bypass Blocks" Question

> This is simply impractical. Most users outside of technology don't use plug-ins/extensions, don't know they exist, don't know how to search for them, and don't know how to decide which ones are safe or useful for them. This is unlikely to change.

I agree.  The whole idea of requiring users to install plug-ins to get accessibility that others have without requiring a plug-in is just not right.  If we started using that logic then we might as well just require users to apply their own style sheets to fix poor contrast or address missing visual indicators of focus.

Some mobile device browsers don't support plug-ins and most browsers are trying to get away from plug-ins.  In some work environments plug-ins can't be installed.  JavaScript approaches aren't always viable either -- for example requiring a user to run a bookmark that fixes something might not work on frames from other domains.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer