Re: 508 Refresh, request to delay until reasonable accommodation is possible for low vision

I would argue that (free of charge) tools exist that accommodate some of the needs of people with low vision when consuming tagged PDF content. The most specific tool (highly customisable / adjustable for low vision users) is VIP PDF Reader, see http://www.access-for-all.ch/en/pdf-lab/500-vip-pdf-reader-e.html . Another tool requires Adobe Acrobat, but itself is free of charge: callas pdfGoHTML, see http://www.callassoftware.com/callas/doku.php/en:products:pdfgohtml - it transcodes a tagged PDF to HTML and opens it in the default browser (where one can use various mechanisms to access the content).

So, just to make **me** understand: what's missing?

Olaf