Meanwhile in Europe (was: 508 Refresh to be published)

European Blind Union: "European Accessibility Act: European Commission
breaks promises" (12 February 2015):
<http://www.euroblind.org/news/nr/2505>.

And in France: European Disability Forum: "EDF Reaction to the Decision
of France to Further Postpone the Implementation of the National Law on
Accessibility":
<http://pr.euractiv.com/pr/edf-reaction-decision-france-further-postpone-implementation-national-law-accessibility-104605>.
This press release is from last year, but the tenth anniversary of the
law passed last week and it has brought "limited progress":
<http://e-include.info/news/258-french-2005-act-brought-limited-progress-survey-shows>.

Best regards,

Christophe

On 13/02/2015 23:34, Phill Jenkins wrote:
> Did you see the official announcement regarding the 508 Refresh?
> Regards,
> Phill Jenkins,
> Senior Engineer & Business Development Executive
> IBM Accessibility
> http://www.ibm.com/able
> http://www.facebook.com/IBMAccessibility
> http://twitter.com/IBMAccess
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/philljenkins
>
> I have good news to share with you about the update of the Access
> Board’s Section 508 standards and Section 255 guidelines.  Yesterday,
> the Office of Management and Budget cleared our notice of proposed
> rulemaking (NPRM); it will now be sent to the Federal Register for
> publication.  We will make the NPRM and supporting documents available
> on our website (_http://www.access-board.gov_
> <http://www.access-board.gov/>) on Wednesday, February 18. It should
> be published in the Federal Register shortly after that.
>
> We will provide a *90 day public comment period* and will hold two
> public hearings on March 5 and March 11. Here are the details for the
> public hearings:
>
> *March 5, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (PT) *
> Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel
> One Market Place
> Mission Beach A & B (3rd floor)
> San Diego, CA 92101
>
> Note: This hearing will be held in conjunction with the CSUN
> Conference but persons wishing only to testify need not register for
> the conference.
>
> *March 11, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (ET)*
> U.S. Access Board Conference Room
> 1331 F Street, NW
> Suite 800
> Washington, DC 20004
>
> Witnesses can testify in person at the hearing in San Diego.
> Witnesses can testify in person or by telephone at the hearing in
> Washington, DC.  Copies of the rule will not be available at the
> hearings.  Call-in information and a communication access real-time
> translation (CART) web streaming link for the Washington, DC hearing
> will be posted before the hearing at
> _http://www.access-board.gov/ictrefresh_.
>
> For information on pre-registering to testify, please contact Kathy
> Johnson at (202) 272–0041, (202) 272–0082 (TTY), or
> johnson@access-board.gov.
>
> If you have questions about the rule once it is made public, please
> contact Tim Creagan at (202) 272-0016, (202) 272-0074 (TTY), or
> 508@access-board.gov.
>
> P.S. We will also offer a free webinar about the proposed rule on
> Tuesday, March 31 from 1:00 pm - 2:30pm (ET); you can sign up for the
> webinar at _http://www.adaconferences.org/CIOC/_
>

> David M. Capozzi
> Executive Director
> U.S. Access Board
> 1331 F Street, NW
> Suite 1000
> Washington, DC 20004-1111
>
> 202-272-0010 (direct dial)
> 202-272-0054 (IP TTY)
> 202-480-7149 (mobile)
>
> capozzi@access-board.gov (e-mail)
> [...]

Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter
Responsive Media Experience Research Group (REMEX)
Hochschule der Medien
Nobelstraße 10
70569 Stuttgart
Tel. +49 711 8923 2749

“It is possible to make a living making free software for freedom
instead of closed-source proprietary malware for cops.”
Jacob Appelbaum,
<http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2012/12/28/jacob-appelbaum-on-resisting-the-surveillance-state/>