RE: the official definition [of web accessibility] from the W3C is wrong

From: Jan Eric Hellbusch <hellbusch@2bweb.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 12:25:25 +0100
To: "'Steve Faulkner'" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> "We need to change the way we talk about accessibility. Most people are
> taught that “web accessibility means that people with disabilities can use the
> Web”— the official definition from the W3C. This is wrong. Web accessibility
> means that people can use the web."

For anyone able to read German, here is my critique on that ALA article:

The basic critique:

1. Naming AT, but not describing how people with disabilities use AT,
2. Limiting accessibility testing to AT support.
3. Accessibility support always takes several years before all users  benefit.

Jan Eric Hellbusch
Tel.: +49 (231) 33005825 oder +49 (163) 3369925
Accessibility-Beratung: http://2bweb.de
Blog: www.chemnitzer-14.de
Bücher, Artikel: www.barrierefreies-webdesign.de