RE: Accessible Testing Protocol for Mobile Website

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 11:19:43 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
It is critical that we correctly frame the discussion, questions, and

Yes WCAG can and should be used to frame the Mobile testing, but beyond
that we quickly need to distinguish between
        mobile *web* testing
        mobile *native app* testing
        and the overlap with
        mobile *hybrid app* testing

the other dimension to the framework is the platform, as in iOS, Android,
Windows, etc.

For the old timers, this reminds me of the early days of Web accesibility
in the late 1990's during the browser wars and trying to support Windows,
Linux, OS/2, etc...

Next phase will be tooling for improved *mobile testing* productivity.
Remember the early days with Bobby?
For example, IBM has been demonstrating a mobile *native app*
accessibility checker.
and IBM is already delivering on inclusive IBM Design Thinking early on
during the wireframe and front-end prototype phases of "mobile" projects.
Phill Jenkins,
IBM Accessibility