RE: PDF accessibility guidelines. WAS: Re: PDF's and Signatures

personally ANYTHING that makes this world wide web accessible to as many
people as possible is a good thing.

I am not opposed to pdf in and of itself, I am opposed to pdf being
misused and adobe claiming it is accessible when to be so requires a lot
of work and in many cases the expenditure of money (and the making of it
accessible in linux is difficult at best, had to include open source
software)

I don't see pdf being developed in a fully accessible manner, and
certainly not in a free and open manner.  remember the ADA in the USA
prohibits accessibility costing anything extra over and above what it
cost's everyone else.  If it requires purchasing proprietary software to
be usable is this not a "surcharge" on people with disabilities.

Linux has a strong working group to make and keep linux "free" and
accessible.

instead of saying "yes it is" "no it's not" we should be saying "HOW"??

and I would suspect most folks here are quite computer savy, but what
about j, doe disabled person living on disability penson using a second
hand donated computer and a narrow band width connection to the web,  do
not they also have a right to accessible content?

This above all else is our mission,

can j, doe using ubuntu on a dial up modem read the document in say lynx?

Bob