Re: PDF accessibility guidelines

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:27:09 -0600
To: w3c WAI List <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
IBM announced a year ago (February 2014) that we will be standardizing on
EPUB to reduce digital barriers and increase mobile support.
IBM standardizing on EPUB is not about where we've been (there still are a
lot of PDFs out there), nor where we are today (the number of PDFs is
still growing), but where we're going.

https://www-03.ibm.com/able/news/epub.html

For more information on IBM?s move to EPUB read a blog post from Rich
Schwerdtfeger, IBM?s CTO of Accessibility.

"...we are now adopting EPUB ? an open document standard built on open web
technologies from the World Wide Web Consortium HTML5; WAI-ARIA; CSS;
MathML; and SMIL as well as other standards from IDPF ? as one of our
company?s primary packaged portable document formats."
Regards,
Phill Jenkins,