RE: Talkback and horizontal scroll

> Visually I don't see a problem. However I noticed that when I choose to read from top option, TalkBack reads only the visible items on screen. When I swipe from left to right one element after another, all the hidden items receive focus.

This seems to me as the desired behavior.  If there were a large number of hidden items that you were forced to swipe through it could be inefficient though.

> How can we let screen reader users know that there are more items to the right and they need to scroll to access?

I suppose the user could be advised in the contentDescription property if this is a native app.  I don't think the API is rich enough to indicate the number of items or what is shown any other way.  However, when you use contentDescription for additional purposes you can run into challenges with localization, etc.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer