Re: role="presentation" [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

13.05.2015, 18:35, "LĂ©onie Watson" <lwatson@paciellogroup.com>:
> From: jesper.tverskov@gmail.com
>
>> I'm arguing that we have a corner case, where the design table pretty
>> much also live up to being a data table, and that the user of a screen
>> reader for that reason might get useful hints reported. If role="presentation"
>> is used absolutely nothing is reported except the text.
>
> This doesn't seem to be a corner case. You explained that the reason you
> used a layout table was because it was difficult to accomplish the visual layout
> you wanted with CSS. By definition that makes it a layout table, not a data table, no?

Hmm. Almost certainly. But so far, only almost.

What's the point of having the buttons in the middle? I'm having a hard time understanding the actual use case.

Steve and Jesper are both right - there *are* edge cases. A big reason I'm personally reluctant to call this either way is I don't actually have a good mental model of what's going on, which I think is important.

cheers