RE: Understanding How Focus Behavior Works For VoiceOver On IOS and TalkBack On Android

> The common approach is to explicitly manage focus (speaking purely of web content here, using the actual focus() method

I'd also add that I sometimes need to place the focus() call in a setTimeout function to make sure things have settled down on the screen and content is visible for assistive technology to correctly pick up the focus changes.

The same trick applies to Flash and other scripting languages too such as JAWS scripting.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer