Re: When reviewing a site with CSS disabled, "sea of white" appears: is this a real accessibility issue?

Disabling CSS might be a proxy test for situations that are real - but it may be a bad one. Situations you should consider are people using high contrast modes, and people using a fair bit of magnification.

IMHO

cheers