Re: Coding table notes

Hi Rabab,

I'm not sure what the specs are for the use of the aside inside a tfoot.
I'd have to read up on that.

I would ask; however, how essential is the content in the aside and is it
captured by the table caption? Perhaps, it would be better to just keep the
aside outside the table? Outside the table would be much more accessible to
screen reader users. Tables are complex structures, normally for data. The
table caption would summarize the data and some screen reader users would
skip reading the rest of the table if the caption met their needs. However,
if the aside in the tfoot has important content that is not data, and is
not captured by the table caption then the user might miss that content
inadvertently.

-Taliesin