Re: Hiding heading level ones

Laura,
If there's a valid title element then it does not fail 2.4.2. Your
email suggested the h1 contains an off-screen page title, so I thought
it was the intent to not have a visible title element.
If the page structure and UI design requires an h1 and an h2 with no
content in between, that's fine. I'd only caution on over use of
off-screen method ... how is it helping accessibility here? Pages do
not have  to have an h1 ... if that is followed consistently across
the site. Main content can begin with h2 if one chooses and it is
consistent on the site.
Sailesh