RE: Usage of Articles

Ø  A heading starts a new section, so a heading in a list implicitly splits the list into spanning multiple sections.

I agree.  I tend to see over use of lists in an attempt to make things accessible –the additional list markup is not always effective and can be confusing by adding extra information that screen reader users must wade through.

Jonathan

From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:30 AM
To: davebest@cogeco.ca
Cc: Chaals from Yandex; Oscar; WAI Interest Group
Subject: Re: Usage of Articles

Hi Oscar, re use of headings
While it is conforming to include heading elements (e.g. h1) inside li elements, it likely does not convey the semantics that the author intended. A heading starts a new section, so a heading in a list implicitly splits the list into spanning multiple sections.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html/grouping-content.html#the-li-element

 same goes for <article> elements.

--

Regards