Re: Opinions on accessible time formatting

08.11.2014, 01:54, "Olaf Drümmer" <olaf@druemmer.com>:
> On 8 Nov 2014, at 01:30, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:
>>  Unfortunately Americans are especially unlikely to understand either of these formats. Like telling them someone is 150cm tall - they just don't know what that means.
>
> I guess you are referring not to Americans, but to people from the USA, right? Maybe it's time - given they represent less than 5% of the population on earth - they adopt what most other countries are doing already?

No. While this is most concentrated in the USA, there are similarities across the two american continents that make them unlike the rest of the world.

And while I think it would be really nice if they were less attached to their pretty primitive scientific frameworks, getting information to the people doesn't work so well if you start from 'the people ought to think different".

cheers