Re: Accesskeys

For me, I think the main issue with access keys is the lack of consistent
use across websites. Any navigation aid that is likely to change from one
website to another is less helpful to me as a user than a single shortcut
that takes me directly to the main navigation for the site I'm visiting,
made easier with HTML5 structural elements and ARIA landmark roles. That
said, I guess it depends on exactly what the access key is being used to
trigger.

Access keys, or even configurable keyboard shortcuts in web apps, seem to
me like power user features that are way too complex to get right across
platforms and browsers. It leaves me still asking the question: Is it worth
it?

Jon

--
Jon