question about technique G80

From: Julian Scarlett <Julian.Scarlett@eden.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:36:14 +0000
To: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hello all

Technique G80 suggests using submit buttons to change context of a page. If I use an input of type="button" instead of type="submit" would that satisfy the requirements of criterion 3.2.2?
(I'm struggling to use a submit button because it's a .net page and the form has a post method whereas I need to pass something via the querystring using javascript)

Example http://www.southlakeland.gov.uk/bins-and-recycling/collection-dates/

(Note there may be other issues on that page with the jquery autocomplete widget. If so please feel free to mention those too!)

Many thanks for your time

Julian

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs EmailSecurity System on behalf of Eden District Council.For more information on a proactive email security service working around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com