Re: Q: Change on Request 3.2.5? Is warning required for links that open new windows?

Thanks for the feedback Phill! Since this is AAA I've never actually worked with it because clients only request AA.

I think it should only be required for cases like modal dialogs where the browser or AT can't detect the target attribute.

Safari for OS X warns you in the status bar if the link is going to open a new tab. No other browsers I tested did this.

For Usability I think those link icons with alt should be required for new windows, file types, etc.

Paul J. Adam
Accessibility Evangelist
www.deque.com