Re: Accessible + responsive photo gallery

From: Devarshi Pant <devarshipant@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 15:52:24 -0400
To: Christine.Kowalski@usq.edu.au
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend a photo gallery
template that is both fully accessible and responsive.  We are having
trouble obtaining one for the new site we are implementing, and are working
very hard to meet Level AA compliance as well as be a responsive, flexible

>>If you haven't already seen, here is an example --
It's nicely done, but note a few things: Drag and drop (using space bar)
works fine with JAWS 13 and IE 10, except that 'draggable' is not voiced,
so a user would not know the associated property, and likely remain unaware
of what needs to be done.
JAWS 13 did not go into PC cursor mode despite role="application" -- I had
to manually change it to enable navigation via arrow keys. Note sure
how role application would respond to later versions of Browsers / AT.
I think adding a brief description on how to interact with a photo gallery
(before the drag and drop feature) could also help users form a mental map.

Best Regards, Christine

Christine Kowalski
Senior Digital Marketing Officer
Marketing & Student Attraction | Student & Communities Division |
University of Southern Queensland
Ph: +61 7 4687 5855 | Fax: 07 4631 1404
Email: Christine.Kowalski@usq.edu.au<mailto:Christine.Kowalski@usq.edu.au>