Re: Accessible college websites

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 21:45:34 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On 07/05/2014 19:08, Felix Miata wrote:
> Note that none of those images actually show what they are intended to
> show unless either they are opened in a viewer which has adjusted their
> size such that the embedded 1" images in fact measure 1" wide, or the
> viewing system has a 144DPI display.

Translated: unless you run this non-standard setup that I use, the
images won't make the point that on my non-standard setup I'm not
getting what I expect, which the vast majority of the web also doesn't do.

> In summary, an ideal foundation for any site requires (even though not
> addressed in WCAG):

Then try to address it in WCAG. It does seem, though, that if this was
indeed such a problem, there would be a far greater outcry about this
apparent omission.

> 1-do not size objects in px
> 2-do not deviate body text from 1rem. IOW, deviate text size from 1rem
> only as contextually appropriate (e.g. subscript, superscript, footer,
> heading, caption, etc.).

While in a recent thread we had references to Dostoevsky and
post-modernism, I'll show my far less cultured roots and give you a
quote from the motion picture "The Big Lebowski":

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Patrick H. Lauke