Plone accessibility

From: Catherine Roy <ecrire@catherine-roy.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:53:40 -0400
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Apologies for cross-posting.

I am looking for information on the state of accessibility for the Plone
CMS[1]. Whereas historically Plone used to be considered the most
accessible CMS around, it is difficult to get a precise picture of where
this CMS is at today in terms of accessibility support. The Plone
website is woefully missing basic information about the accessibility
standards it supports and the accessibility statement is shockingly out
of date[2]. If I am to believe what it says, Plone has not heard of WCAG

Further research has yielded little more, aside from a few Pen State
powerpoint presentations[3], [4] from 2011-2012 that discuss WCAG 2.0
and Aria but it is difficult to know what exactly is supported or not
and where this work is at.

So, any information at this point would be appreciated.

Best regards,

[1] http://plone.org
[2] http://plone.org/accessibility-info
[3] http://weblion.psu.edu/symposium/2011/2011-talks/plone-accessibility