Re: Seeking feedback on IAAP certification roadmap

University credit for accessibility courses is great, but I think I need to
reiterate what IAAP certification would actually be.

IAAP certification would not be a course or a curriculum. You wouldn't be
IAAP-certified by finishing a class or a program. IAAP certification would
come by demonstrating your skills and knowledge in an assessment. If you
pass the assessment, you receive certification. In fact, no course is
required. If you know your stuff, and if you are adequately prepared for
the assessment, you never have to enter a classroom or take a class. On the
flip side, if you take a course or finish a curriculum and you still don't
know your stuff, you won't pass the assessment, and you won't be certified,
no matter how many courses you have taken.

That being said, the IAAP does in fact intend to offer courses, webinars,
and other educational opportunities. The education side of IAAP is part of
IAAP's mission, but the education and certification are not the same thing.

Could IAAP partner with universities and offer university credit for the
classes? Absolutely. That's a somewhat different conversation, though,
since the courses and certification are two separate things.

Paul Bohman, PhD
Director of Training
Deque Systems, Inc
www.deque.com