From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:13 PM
To: Matthieu Faure; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Technique H25 / real life

Matthieu,
According to the test procedure for H25 putting the title in the body would fail H25.

However, then the question is if you meet 2.4.2 or not.  You can meet a success criteria without meeting a specific technique.  In this case, it is nice that some user agents support adding the title to the DOM and displaying the text in the window title, but given the number of assistive technologies out there that also need to be tested to see if this completely non-standard way of handling the title work as desired, I’d far rather see the title element just used correctly.

AWK