Re: <i>, <em> and font-style:italic in HTML 5

From: Ramón Corominas <listas@ramoncorominas.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 18:43:17 +0200
To: Adam Powell <adam@adaminfinitum.com>
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi, Adam and all,

As far as I know most screen readers today do not read <b>, <i>,
tone or voice, unless the user specifically enables this setting.

Moreover, even if it is possible, most blind people I know don't like
these changes to occur because the voice changes are more confusing than
helpful.

Regards,
Ramón.

Adam asked: