Re: Fw: The W3.org Modal Design Pattern is lacking instructions for hiding background content from screen reader users.

From: Alastair Campbell <alastc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:34:39 +0100
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@whatsock.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Ah, I like the technique for managing focus.

I had assumed that a script would need to spend a lot of time managing
focus (e.g. creating a set tabindex order, or looping from the last to
first focusable dialog element). Setting everything to aria-hidden makes a
lot of sense, especially as it will still be visible (if greyed out) in
many cases.

Thank you for sharing it,

Alastair