From: Duff Johnson [mailto:duff@duff-johnson.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 14 August 2013 5:06 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Tables: Does scope="col" Stop When A Row Spans Multiple
Columns?

Jim,

- Headers with a scope of "col" are column headers
- Headers with a scope of "row" are row headers
- Cell can span rows or columns up to the maximum number of rows or columns
in the table.

If the table may be fully executed using the above you don't need to use
IDs.

Does that help?

Duff.

On Aug 13, 2013, at 2:02 PM, "Homme, James" <james.homme@highmark.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a table in which the heading cells all have scope="col", but the
table has some rows that span across the whole table. What is the expected
behavior for this situation? Should I consider using the headers and id
attributes to get proper reading if something doesn't work?

> Thanks.
>
> Jim

solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's
prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not
necessarily represent the views of Highmark, its diversified business, or
affiliates.