Tables: Does scope="col" Stop When A Row Spans Multiple Columns?

From: Homme, James <james.homme@highmark.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 18:02:34 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I have a table in which the heading cells all have scope="col", but the table has some rows that span across the whole table. What is the expected behavior for this situation? Should I consider using the headers and id attributes to get proper reading if something doesn't work?

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark, its diversified business, or affiliates.