Re: Rethinking the necessities of ARIA landmark role "main" and HTML5 <main> element

Hi Léonie

But isn’t that a very inefficient way to get there?

Probably no more so than clicking on multiple skip links, as you traverse
header, main navigation, secondary navigation, etc, etc...

The advantage of having such a technique, would be that a user can jump
from one block of (non-interesting) content to a next block of content with
a single shortcut key sequence. So that, even where developers have
forgotten to mark up blocks of content, and have forgotten to provide skip
links, users can still skip reasonably quickly to main content blocks.

Take care

Harry