Re: Rethinking the necessities of ARIA landmark role "main" and HTML5 <main> element

Steve
you're right arguing is senseless...

However, it's worth considering the principle Ian promotes:
That the UA ignores (the way I understand what he proposes)
understanding/interpretation) by using a built-in short-cut key exposed to
all users.

There is no reason why the two principles cannot co-exist, and Ian's
proposal will form a perfect fail-safe when authors do not use role=main or
<main>.

Kind regards
Harry