RE: Rethinking the necessities of ARIA landmark role "main" and HTML5 <main> element

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, JF wrote:

> A man arrives at the San Jose airport in Silicon Valley.
>
> "I want to go to the campus" he tells the cab driver.
>
> "The Stanford campus?", asks the cabbie.
>
> [...]

Could you explain to me how this analogy corresponds to the discussion? In
the interface I am proposing, there is no repeated questioning. The user
indicates to the software that the user wishes to skip uninteresting
content and jump to interesting content, in a single action (exactly the
same kind of action as is used to jump to a header, or to jump to a
specific landmark role). Then, the user agent skips all uninteresting
content and jumps straight to the content the user wants (the same content
as would be marked with <main> or role=main).

The user experience is _exactly_ the same as the experience possible with
explicit landmark roles. The only difference is how it is marked up.