Re: Rethinking the necessities of ARIA landmark role "main" and HTML5 <main> element

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:21:17 +0000
To: Ian Yang <ian@invigoreight.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi Ian,

> Ian Hixie, he mentioned that the existence of the ARIA landmark role
"main" is a mistake

>That's very thought-provoking

how so? hixie offers no concrete reasons and there are concrete use cases
for role=main and <main> none of which hixie has managed to dispute.

both role=main and now <main> are part of the web platform and
interoperably implemented across browsers and assistive technology, so I
suggest that they will not be discarded even due to an opinion of Hixie's

with regards