Re: changing presentation of links

From: Alastair Campbell <alastc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:42:53 +0000
To: W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

Sorry to jump on an old thread, but I'm back in the accessibility
universe now, and this came up today.

Specifically on link colour and distinguishing links from general
text, there's a conflict in the success & fail criteria for 1.4.1.

The test from G183 [1] specifically says that changing the link on
mouseover/focus to include an underline or other mechanism is ok,
whereas F73 [2] says that is not sufficient.

>From the previous discussion, it sounds like G183 should be
deprecated, as if we are talking about "people who cannot perceive
color differences" then the contrast aspect is irrelevant.

-Alastair

1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20120103/G183
2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20120103/F73