RE: ARIA role restrictions in HTML5

One concern I have with ARIA use without structural supports is that these
accessibility benefits will be limited to users of screen readers.  For
example, if ARIA headings placed on divs are used to meet WCAG conformance
– the indication of headings will not be apparent to a user with custom
style sheets – unless CSS selectors are used to account for ARIA roles.
  I wonder if there is some recommendation that can be made to allow the
benefits promoted in the accessibility APIs to also benefit custom style
sheet users by instructing browsers to apply are roles matching HTML
elements to the style defined in CSS?

Similarly, the benefits afforded to users with motor disabilities and low
vision by being able to click on a label when explicit labels are used are
lost when aria-labelledby is used.

For these reasons, relying on ARIA lone to meet WCAG conformance can pose
issues until user agents can translate this programmatic information into
equivalent experiences across user groups..

Jonathan