Re: Accessible PDF Repair

From: <deborah.kaplan@suberic.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 15:09:27 -0500 (EST)
To: "Elizabeth J. Pyatt" <ejp10@psu.edu>
cc: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On Fri, 1 Mar 2013, Elizabeth J. Pyatt wrote:

> I would add that there's a paradox that someone trying to repair a document for a screen reader within a screen reader environment. Unless a document is already screen reader accessible, I am not sure how well it can be repaired within a screen reader. That may my limited imagination though.

There are other ways in which the remediation is not accessible,
however. I am a voice/keyboard user, and I try and try to
remediate our documents, but it's just all but impossible. So
even though I can see what the tags should be, I can't create
them.

-Deborah Kaplan
Accessibility Team Co-Lead, Dreamwidth Studios LLC
Digital Resources Archivist, Tufts University