  From: Bryan Garaventa
  To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:20 PM
  Subject: Re: accessible date input [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  Have you noticed that JAWS 14 has apparently broken role=dialog support?

  I noticed this on the date picker demo you mentioned at
  http://wet-boew.github.com/wet-boew/demos/datepicker/datepicker-eng.html

    It worked in JAWS 12 and 13 in IE, but no longer in 14.

    I've been having the same trouble with my own date picker at
    http://whatsock.com/modules/aria_calendar_module/demo.htm

    So this no longer matches NVDA behavior in FF as expected, and breaks keyboard accessibility for screen reader users even though it's keyboard accessible.