RE: Page length and number of links

From: Jim Tobias <tobias@inclusive.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:36:25 -0400
To: "'Jamal Mazrui'" <empower@smart.net>, "'Vivienne CONWAY'" <v.conway@ecu.edu.au>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Jamal wrote:
> I do understand that sighted people or people with other disabilities
> have different usability considerations.

I hope that we agree that trying to nail this issue down once and for all, for all users, sites, and reasons for the
user to be at the site, is a hopeless cause. In the world of special ed AT they have a rubric: SETT, for 'student,
environment, task, tool'. The first 3 help determine the 4th.

Maybe in the world of web accessibility we could imagine a wizard that says "If your page has brief but dense content
and many necessary links, and it's usually visited by experts, try the ABC set of recommendations; whereas if your page
is part of a longer narrative usually visited by novices, try the XYZ set of recommendations." It would at least have
the value of encouraging the designer/architect to focus on the user and why he/she is there.