Re: Page length and number of links

On 21/06/2013 09:55, Vivienne CONWAY wrote:
> I'm looking for a bit of advice about the appropriate maximum length of
> a page and number of links on pages.  We recently came across a page
> that seems to go on forever and can't see any of the guidelines that
> actually deals with this issue.  The page is poorly divided up and that
> obviously comes under headings etc.
> Also, wondering if anyone has any 'best practice' links on both this and
> the number of links that a page should limit itself to.  If you think
> either of these violates WCAG 2, I'd really like to hear how and why.

This sounds to me like more of a general usability issue rather than a
specific accessibility one (as overly long pages will likely affect all
users, not just specifically users with disabilities, though it may make
their experience far more tedious). And no, there doesn't seem to be
anything specific in WCAG 2.0 on this matter.

It's difficult to say what length a page should be..."as long as it
needs to be" is possibly the only advice I could give.

If this was part of an audit, I'd add it as a general remark about
usability.

Sorry, not very helpful I guess...

Patrick H. Lauke