Re: Embedded video frames

From: Paul J. Adam <paul.adam@deque.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 10:51:36 -0500
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: Ginger Claassen <ginger.claassen@gmx.de>
Good question! I'm also wondering if it's possible to give an HTML5 <audio> or <video> element an accessible name? I've tried title and aria-label which does not seem to work in most browsers/AT tested.

I tried this demo using JAWS14/Firefox21, http://www.annodex.net/~silvia/itext/chocolate_rain.html, and if I use arrow navigation It will read either the title/aria-label as a grouping name but it will not read that if you're tabbing around hitting the player control buttons.

Paul J. Adam
Accessibility Evangelist
www.deque.com