From: Silvia Rodríguez Vázquez <silvia.rodriguez.vquez@gmail.com>
Date: 16 April 2013 14:31
Subject: Survey on multilingual website assessment for accessibility - Call
for participation
To: silvia.rodriguez@unige.ch

Dear all,

At the University of Geneva (Switzerland) we are carrying out a study in
collaboration with the Access for All
Foundation<http://www.access-for-all.ch/en/pdf-lab/pdf-accessibility-checker-pac.html>in
order to understand how multilingual websites are assessed for
accessibility by web accessibility experts. The study is part of a larger
joint research project between the University of Geneva (Switzerland) and
the University of Salamanca (Spain) that aims at defining how web
localisation professionals (web and software translators) could contribute
to achieve a higher degree of web accessibility in multilingual websites.

At this phase of the project, we would be grateful to receive feedback from
web accessibility evaluators or experts in the field, both users and
non-users of screen readers or any other assistive technology. Having a
better understanding of current practices on multilingual website
assessment would allow us to better define a potential localisation
strategy where the localisers skills could be enhanced with web
accessibility knowledge.

To this purpose, we have designed an online questionnaire, available
through the following link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/multilingual_web_assessment

As stated in the presentation page, all questions contained in the
questionnaire are strictly confidential and will only be used for
scientific purposes. The questionnaire is anonymous and will be* open for 6
weeks, until May, 28th 2013*. Please do not hesitate in sharing the link
with other colleagues if you find it interesting.

Upon completion of the study, we would be more than happy to share the
results with you all.

Thank you very much in advance for your collaboration!

Have a nice day,

Silvia Rodríguez

*
Silvia Rodríguez Vázquez**
University of Geneva, Switzerland
Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
*Tel(s): (+41) 762.699.442 /  (+34) 646.57.57.73
 *http://www.issco.unige.ch/en/staff/rodriguez/ *