Re: How Does Guideline 3.1.1 Affect Accessibility?

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:51:32 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On 13/05/2013 15:45, accessys@smart.net wrote:
> and folks who are multi lingual how would they know which language they
> are using ,

that'll depend on how the AT was initially set up, I guess. If you
installed it on an OS set to, say, English-US locale, then the software
would by default be set up for that language.

> and/or if more than one language is used in a single document.

In that case, you mark the overall document as having a primary
language, and then identify language changes inside the document itself
with appropriate lang attributes on container elements.

Patrick H. Lauke