From: Homme, James [mailto:james.homme@highmark.com]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 9:28 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: How Does Guideline 3.1.1 Affect Accessibility?

Hi,
Guideline 3.1.1: The default human language of each Web page can be programmatically determined.                                                                    (Level A).

Since this is level (a), and I'm an English-only speaker, I'm asking this question. If we have pages in another language, I'm guessing that someone who uses speech would have difficulty using those pages. Is that correct? Or are there also other accessibility considerations? Thanks for your enlightenment.

Jim

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.