From: Ian Yang [mailto:ian@invigoreight.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:16 AM
To: Gunderson, Jon R
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Is it a good practice to put <article>s inside <li>s?

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu> wrote:
> I would NOT recommend putting <article> inside an <li> element.
>
> I recommended you add a role="reigon" and aria-labelledby attributes to the <article> element to give each article an accessible name and make sure it is a part of landmark navigation:

Hi Gunderson,

I appreciate your help. However, I take HTML semantics seriously, so I think elements SHOULD be put inside <li>s if they are apparently a list of items. Could you let me know your concern about not doing that?

And could you let me know what are the benefits of using role="reigon"
and aria-labelledby on these <article> elements?

Kind Regards,
Ian Yang