Re: Is it a good practice to put <article>s inside <li>s?

From: Ian Yang <ian@invigoreight.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 22:16:29 +0800
To: "Gunderson, Jon R" <jongund@illinois.edu>
Cc: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu> wrote:
> I would NOT recommend putting <article> inside an <li> element.
> I recommended you add a role="reigon" and aria-labelledby attributes to the <article> element to give each article an accessible name and make sure it is a part of landmark navigation:

Hi Gunderson,

I appreciate your help. However, I take HTML semantics seriously, so I
think elements SHOULD be put inside <li>s if they are apparently a
list of items. Could you let me know your concern about not doing

And could you let me know what are the benefits of using role="reigon"
and aria-labelledby on these <article> elements?

Kind Regards,
Ian Yang